Flux Lite ThemePlease Note: This article pertains to version 1 of Flux. For version 2 instructions and tutorials, please visit our documentation site here: http://docs.rawfolio.com/flux
Flux's homepage works a little bit differently than our other themes, for a quick rundown on setting it up, take a look at the video below.
To keep with the grid format of the blog and homepage, we've setup the page templates to allow for up to six image/link boxes that site to the left and right of your content.
Adding images and links is quite easy, and is done in the Meta options for the page, which is located below the main content area of the page editor, in the tab labeled 'Image Box Setup'.
To set the page images:
Click on the 'Image Box Setup' tab of the Meta Options:
Upload an image to use, or select from the media library:
If you'd like to have this image link to a page within your site, simply select the page from the drop down, and enter the text you want to display for the link:
Repeat this process for the other boxes, then hit publish!
For reference, boxes 1-3 appear on the left side of the page whereas 4-6 appear on the right side.
We've attached the settings export file from our demo site to this article, you can find it at the bottom. Simply download it to your computer, navigate to the 'Import/Export' submenu of the RAWfolio options (located on the WordPress sidebar) and upload the export file.
- Menus - Make sure you set both the 'Main Menu' and the 'Blog Menu' when setting up your site's menus, not doing so will result in the menus showing as a bulleted list rather than the intended styling.
- Galleries - Don't forget to set the Transition Speed and Transition Timeout when creating your galleries, otherwise your galleries will be moving at warp speed!
- Blog Infinitescroll - The infinite scrolling on the blog is only triggered when the user scrolls their window. Make sure that if you have this option enabled you adjust the number of posts shown so that there are enough posts to allow the window to scroll. This can be adjusted under the main WordPress settings section - Settings > Reading, the value to adjust is the 'Blog Pages Show at Most'. A good number to is around 20. Keep in mind that going too high may result in your main blog page loading slower as it has to filter through more posts to generate the page.
- Fixed bug with Portfolio pages not recognizing their assigned order.
- Fixed Bug with Update link pointing to incorrect page.
- Added absolute dimensions to Portfolio grids to avoid uneven or cut-off titles
- Added new sidebar/widget area to Homepage footer.
- Added adbility to assign custom URL links to page image boxes.
- Removed To Top icon on main (grid) blog page.